2006 Marching Band Accomplishments
Saturday, November 4, 2006
The 2006 season has been a special one for the Tri-Valley Marching Scotties. On Saturday, November 4th, the Marching Scotties traveled to Dublin-Coffman High School for the Ohio Music Education Association’s State Marching Finals. Only 117 bands made to finals this year from the entire state of Ohio. Out of 21 bands that competed on Saturday only three received superior ratings. The Tri-Valley Band received straight “ones” from the judges for an Overall rating of “Superior.”
To recap the band's 2006 season:
- Qualified for state finals four times.
- Scored straight “Superiors” three times from a panel of 7 judges
- Placed first in class A at two contests
- Placed second in class A at one contest
- Placed best guard in class A
- Scored best overall Marching and Maneuvering
- Scored best overall General Effect
- Overall Reserve Grand Champion
- Overall Grand Champion
- “ Superior” at State Finals
The band is very proud that they qualified for OMEA State Finals at every competition this year. This is also the 25th year that the Tri-Valley Marching Band has qualified and attended State Finals Competition.
Ms. Blevins, the Boosters, and the band students would like to say “Thank You!” to everyone that supported our Marching Scotties this year. The success of the band this year was fantastic because of your continued help and support.