2008 Marching Band Accomplishments
Friday, November 21, 2008
The Tri-Valley Marching Band has another Superior Season!
The Tri-Valley Marching Scotties had a fantastic season this year. This past Saturday the band competed in OMEA State Marching Band Finals. Only 111 bands qualified for state finals this year from the entire state of Ohio. Only 27 Class A bands qualified for state finals this year. Out of the 20 bands that competed on Saturday only “Seven” received a superior rating. The Scotties gave a great performance and received an overall rating of “ Superior.” The following is their list of achievements for the 2008 marching season.
- First place in Class A at Cambridge, Zanesville and Licking Valley contests
- Second place in Class A at the Meadowbrook contest
- First place in Auxiliary at Licking Valley, Cambridge, and Zanesville
- Second place in Auxiliary at Meadowbrook competition
- Overall Auxiliary at the Cambridge contest
- Best Field Commander in Class A at Zanesville
- Best Overall Field Commander in Class A at Zanesville
- First Place in Percussion at Zanesville
- Second place Overall at the Cambridge contest
- Second place Overall at the Zanesville Contest
- Third overall in the Meadowbrook Contest
- Qualified for State OMEA Marching Band Finals Competition four times.
- Scored straight Superiors from a panel of 9 judges
- Qualifying for State Marching Band Finals for the 27 th year.
- “ Superior” at State Marching Band Finals
The band is very proud that they qualified for OMEA State Marching Finals at every competition this year. Ms. Blevins, the Boosters, and the band students would like to say “THANK YOU!!” to everyone that supported our Marching Scotties this year. Your continued support helps this program be the best that it can be.